Personal opportunities: It’s a really great thing to be praying for ministries that reach out to our community with the gospel. But perhaps the first thing we should be praying about regarding our local mission is the opportunities for gospel witness in our own lives and situations. Who can you be reaching out to with the gospel in your own life, and how? Pray for these opportunities.
Refugees in our community
In recent years, a number of African refugees have settled in Lismore. There are services that are trying to help these refugees integrate into our local communities.
- Pray for these refugee families that they may transition into our community smoothly and without racial prejudice or bigotry
- Pray that opportunities may arise the families to hear the truth of Gospel and seek to know more about our loving Heavenly Father.
- Pray that Christians in the community may be loving and caring to these families and reaching out in hospitality and support.
From the end of November a team of short term missionaries are going over to Thailand, which includes James Ritchie, a member of our church family, to be involved in sharing the gospel, particularly with refugees on the border with Myanmar. James has requested we pray for the team in the following areas:
- That we as a team would be unified in displaying Jesus through love, service, teaching, friendships etc
- that God would work through us so that Christians might be encouraged and strengthened to cling the cross more fully and non Christians may came to know Jesus as their lord and saviour.
- also that we might be able to get the resources we need in Thailand, and be allowed to go in the refugee camps, and we could show Jesus through the cultural differences.. really pray that nothing would hinder the gospel
- For Thailand as a whole, I think the thing to be really praying about is that Thai Christians grow in the grace they have been shown in Jesus, sharing that with others, and that Thai leaders are raised up who are centred on the gospel.