Personal opportunities: It’s a really great thing to be praying for ministries that reach out to our community with the gospel. But perhaps the first thing we should be praying about regarding our local mission is the opportunities for gospel witness in our own lives and situations. Who can you be reaching out to with the gospel in your own life, and how? Pray for these opportunities.
Neighbours around us
- Pray for your Non-Christian neighbours that relationships may develop that present opportunities for the truth of Christ to be proclaimed
- Pray that your neighbours may see Christ through your lives and your words and be inquisitive about the faith you have in Jesus.
- Pray for ways to serve and love your neighbours that will promote the Gospel
Thailand is a majority Buddhist country with freedom of religion. A member of our church family, James Ritchie, has just traveled to Thailand in a team of short term missionaries for 2 months. Thailand is a land in bondage to a complex web of culture, spirit appeasement, occult practices and Buddhism, with a social cohesiveness out of which few have dared to come. For many Thai, their nationality and religion are inextricably linked. After 175years of protestant missionary work, Thai Christians are only 1.6% of the population. There’s a lack of Thai leadership in churches that has contributed to the slow growth, failures in rural churches and lack of vision.
- For the short term team traveling over, that it would be a time of fruitfulness in sharing the gospel with Thai people, and also a time where they might consider the long term needs in Thailand they could contribute to.
- Pray for A growth in the numbers and maturity of Thai leaders who will preach the Word and plant churches in culturally relevant ways. Pray that many more of those trained in theological education would step up to this vital work.
- Pray for many more Thai people to be willing to let go of identities found in their religion, to find their true identity in Jesus Christ.
- Pray that the tide of materialism and complacency gripping the Thai church would be be broken and replaced with passion and vision for evangelism.