Personal opportunities: It’s a really great thing to be praying for ministries that reach out to our community with the gospel. But perhaps the first thing we should be praying about regarding our local mission is the opportunities for gospel witness in our own lives and situations. Who can you be reaching out to with the gospel in your own life, and how? Pray for these opportunities.
MOPS is a Christian play-group designed to meet the needs of all mothers whose children are under school age. MOPS offers a haven for frazzled nerves, an encouraging, accepting atmosphere where a mum finds out she is not alone.
- pray that more community mums would come and would be open to responding to the gospel.
- pray that Christian mums at MOPS would be bold in sharing the gospel with non-Christian mums that come along and build gospel focused relationships with mums from the community.
Global Economic Climate
In recent days, the global financial markets have faced dark times. Governments around the world rally to resolve the crisis and are faced with the possibility that if nothing is rectified soon, a second great depression may develop. Many are asking questions as to how this will affect the poorest countries around the world and appeals have gone out to the governments to not neglect their commitments to financial aid and assistance.
- That uncertainty caused by the economic global crisis will cause people to seek the security found only in Jesus Christ
- That Christians would lead radically different lifestyles that value radically different things
- That Christians would realize the opportunity this presents to speak the gospel and that they would speak it