Reading Peter’s letters, it quickly becomes clear that there are a few key things he is convinced of…
– the end of all things has drawn near through the death and resurrection of Jesus
– this should shape how we live as we wait for him to return
– the main characteristics of this life should be love, humility, service and joyful suffering
– at his return, Jesus will bring judgment and glory
– in the meantime we must hold firm to Jesus and his gospel and the godly life that flows from it lest we be led astray and fall from grace
I find this perspective extremely challenging. I compare my own thoughts, attitudes, priorities and perspectives and discover that I need to be reminded of the gospel and its consequences daily. Otherwise, insignificant things take on great importance for me and the way that I use my time, gifts, words, money etc. all become distorted.
How about you?
Leave a Reply