Personal opportunities: It’s a really great thing to be praying for ministries that reach out to our community with the gospel. But perhaps the first thing we should be praying about regarding our local mission is the opportunities for gospel witness in our own lives and situations. Who can you be reaching out to with the gospel in your own life, and how? Pray for these opportunities.
Christmas preparations and outreach
- Pray that people may be challenged about the real meaning behind Christmas and why the creator of the world would come to Earth.
- Pray that Christians in our community would be bold in proclaiming not only the birth of Jesus but also the death and resurrection.
- Pray that the preparations for Christmas may not distract Christians from the real purpose— to celebrate and proclaim the Good news.
- Pray for opportunities to reach out to those in need around the community and to boldly explain why— Jesus.
For the second half of his trip to Thailand, James Ritchie will be mostly travelling alone, meeting missionaries and Thai Christians to talk to them and consider overseas mission long term. Please pray:
- That he is humble and godly and that I would be able to learn from the people I have the opportunity to talk to.
- That he would trust in God and find strength in him whatever circumstances he finds himself in.
- That he would really understand what the needs are in Thailand and how they can be met, and whether that means me going to Thailand for life or whether he will focus on serving god in Australia.
Leave a Reply